EMAIL (NON-REAL-TIME) MEETINGS
You can join an email group and participate in what OA calls "non-real-time meetings". These are OA meetings where there is a leader who acts like the group secretary, and members share by sending an email which all other members receive. Each of these groups/meetings is registered with oa.org as its own meeting, and so has it's own guidelines determined by that group/meeting, in accordance with OA's Traditions.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the group/meeting and the email address you want to use.
- NOTE: You can join Google Groups with any email address. If you want to access every email sent since the group moved to Google, or you want to be a group moderator/manager, you will need a Google account (see further down the page for more info). If you're happy with just getting email in your inbox, you don't need a Google account.
- If you already have a Google account and like doing this kind of thing yourself, you can go to Gooogle Groups and search on "12steps4coes". This will bring up a list of all our groups, and you can follow the onscreen instructions to ask to join. This is a slightly convoluted process. It's easy once you've done it a few times.
Links to our email (non-real-time) meetings
(Don't be put off by the message that says "you are not permitted to see this content". That just means you haven't joined yet.)
Our Virtual Intergroup (VIG) also uses Google Groups for email communications. All members of 12Steps4COEs are welcome to join the VIG email group via this link if you have a Google account, or by emailing email@example.com. Every meeting/group is encouraged to elect a Group Rep to attend the meetings which occur once every two months on the first Sunday at 5 pm US Eastern time. This is your chance to have a say in how 12Steps4COEs operates. It's a great way to give service, helping to keep this life-saving service going.
Help! My group isn't listed!
Here is what to do if your group isn't listed above and you want it to be on Google Groups as part of 12Steps4COEs:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the group/meeting and the names and email addresses of two people who are willing to act as managers/moderators of the group. NOTE: To be a manager/moderator in Google Groups, you have to have a Google account .
- The managers/moderators get an email saying they have been added to the Google Group. This email has a link to the website for their group.
- Managers/moderators use a few (very easy) controls to:
- add or approve new members
- remove sharing priveleges from anyone whose posts violate the guidelines (e.g. trolls)
We can help you learn how to do this. Email email@example.com to find out more.
We look forward to meeting you in an email group!